Sunday, September 4, 2011
Dress A Girl Around the World ---
is having a sewing party!!!
Saturday - October 1st
- Timberline Church in the East Auditorium from 9am - 1pm
What to bring:
- colorful pillowcase or 1 yd. fabric (no white)
- 12x12 (or larger) scrap of fabric for a pocket
- 1/2" double fold bias tape
- 1 pr. girl panties - size 6-14 (no disney, cartoons, wording)
- portable sewing machine w/ thread and full bobbin
- trim and buttons
- sack lunch
- A FRIEND!
Timberline - Dress A Girl has been asked to provide 100 dresses to meet a goal of 600 dresses that will go to Uganda the end of October from Northern Colorado.
What if you don't sew or are not able to attend?
You can make dresses at home or donate the necessary supplies. There is a beautiful wooden, hinged box located near the Timberline Cafe' that you can put your donations in. Make sure you mark your donation specifically for Dress A Girl before you put it in the box.
Mary has assured me that you don't need any sewing skills to make the prayer dolls (pictured above). That is probably where I should start. :)
Thank you to all of you who have been faithful to serve in this ministry. You are making a difference in the lives of girls around the world!!
For more information contact: Mary Brinkman at: email@example.com