It is Summertime!!! Summer can be a long season for foster and adoption families. Set aside some time to spend time with families like yours who know from experience the journey that you are on. Our foster/adoption support group will be meeting through out the summer. Please mark these dates on your calendar. :)
Tonight at support group we scheduled some fun summer activities, in addition to our being together on the fourth Sunday evenings of June, July and August for our regular support group meetings from 5-7pm at Timberline. If you would like to get in on those (our regular meetings at the church) but are needing childcare please use the link below to sign up. The sooner you sign up the better but if you don't fill out the form at least one week prior to our meeting your kids won't have a spot in Childcare.
Here's the summer schedule--mark your calendars and get ready for some fun times!
- June 11th-- moms are taking a quick tour of the FAFLC (Foster and Adoptive Families of Larimer County) facilities--the Little House (where clothes are housed and can be picked up by members of the association) and the Construction Supply Warehouse (where surplus food is stored as well as miscellaneous supplies--sometimes cribs, beds, and such for members who are in need of things for their families, especially as kids come and go from your care) We will meet at Bounce on Lincoln Ave in Loveland at 9:30AM. Erin Branchflower is our contact for this outing so call her if you have questions about specifics or if you get lost or are running late that morning :-) (970) 420-5784
more info about FAFLC if you are interested: https://faflc.org/
- June 24th--Regular Support Group meeting (room 212 from 5-7pm at Timberline)
- June 29th--Mom's play date Bring your kiddos and meet at Troutman Park at 9am Come play and leave when your kids hit the wall :-)
Troutman park: http://www.fcgov.com/
parks/finder/park/id/53 (500 West Troutman Parkway; Fort Collins)
- July 6th--guys night out (dad's only--no kids please) Details TBA when the date gets closer
- July 15th--meet at 5pm at Spring Canyon Park, stay as long as you want to. Bring your own picnic dinner for your family only.
The address is: 2626 West Horsetooth Road; Fort Collins http://www.fcgov.com/parks/
- July 22nd-- Regular Support Group meeting (room 212 from 5-7pm at Timberline)
- August 10th--Girls night out (no kids please) Details TBA when the date gets closer