Saturday, November 7, 2009

Greater Works

"Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and , in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

God does not want us to be docile followers of Jesus, so overawed by him that we never attempt anything but pale imitations of his works. He intends people full of initiative, expanding in countless ways the ministry of redemptive love he launched.

Father in heaven, it is hard for me to think of doing greater works than your Son. What those works are is your business; the willingness to shed my lazy timidity and start believing and praying after the manner of Jesus is mine, in whose name I ask for help to do it faithfully. Amen.
devotion written by Eugene Peterson

This devotion blessed me this morning. We can do nothing without His love and mercy. Let's commit to be bold in the calling that He has placed on our hearts. It can be both scary and exciting to be obedient to His calling. Don't let fear keep you from doing what God has put on your heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment