Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seed Planting

Seed Planting

I have had the privilege of teaching Fields of the Fatherless study several times. This time chapter 5 brought new meaning and revelation to me.

Some days it feels like the seeds we are planting just aren’t taking root. The day to day frustrations, disagreements and tantrums can wear you down physically, emotionally and spiritually.

While we know that adopting child (or being a foster family) is not for our personal fulfillment. It is sure a blessing to have it reciprocated. What do we do in the seasons when that love is not returned? I would say days but, it seems more like seasons to me right now.

2 Thessalonians 3:13
Dear Friends, you must never become tired of doing right.


Galatians 6:9
And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.


Some days I am tired, discouraged and down right angry. In that moment I realize that like Peter (Matthew 14) I have taken my eyes of Jesus. When I take my eyes off Him – I will get discouraged and I am prone to fail Him and those who are dear to me.

Hebrews 12:2a
We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete.


Seeds of Hope -

For all of us! While we are planting seeds of hope in our children’s lives here are some verses to encourage that we can stand on.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever.

Hebrews 13:5
I will never leave you, Nor will I ever forsake you.


THE HARVEST WILL COME - Standing in Faith!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment