Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Adoption Creed














Adoption Creed

Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own;
Never forget for a single minute
You didn't grow under my heart,
But in it.

:) I love this poem.
Each and every one of the children who joined our family through adoption was miraculously knit to my heart in such a way that it could only be done by God.

When God places the desire to adopt on our hearts it is amazing how we feel like we are "missing" someone even through our vehicle may be full and our dinner table may be full. But, we still have the feeling that someone "a very special someone" is to be a part of our family. It is very hard to explain this feeling to our friends and family who don't get it. It's okay - you don't have to explain and make them understand. The most important thing is that you understand this is just God's way of preparing your heart and mind to be ready for you next blessing!!! It is an exciting (and sometimes scary) journey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment